Saturday, May 26, 2007

Journey's end


The 20 month journey, which starter the 19th of September 2005 came to and end where it started: Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam, 18 May 2007. Once I collected my luggage and walked through the arrivals zone I met my family (Father, Mother, Aunt and my two cousins). It was great to see familiar faces after such a long time, and it felt like home straight away.
After some lunch/dinner we were off to home. The roads were overcrowded as anticipated and I see my country more or less as a city state, say Sydney but than a bit bigger...
The last week I used to meet friends who spread throughout the country. Had dinner in Eindhoven, and watched the Champions League Final in the Hague... Tonight it is time for some drinks in Rhenen...
I also start looking for jobs. Hopefully it won't take too long because I would love to do something more usefull with my time.. Although I have to admit after all this travelling I really need a holiday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric

This piece is well written.
didn't realised you are quite poetic person :)

hope all are wonderful for you and you are so lucky, so many family members awaited you in the airport! YOu are a very lucky person. I just read some of my past emails when we both were in Canberra towards the last month of the stay where Ozan and Lauro asking us when to go out for dinner or Academy etc. I kinda miss those moments.

Cheers and got to get back to assignments for this week :)

Oh yeah, yesterday 3rd OCt was my birthday. Classmates got me a nice coffee flavor cake and a Philips MP3 player...isnt that from Netherlands? but made in China :)

Keep in touch.

Your friend from Malaysia & Braddon,

Lis Chang