Thursday, April 19, 2007

Hong Kong

I spent a week in Hong Kong and I can say it is a great city. Life is very vibrant over here, there are so many people everywhere that there is oftern congestion in the MRTs and on the pavements. There are so many shops, things are cheap, you can get everything you can think of...

It sure was an exhausting week, I stayed with my Australian housemate and friend Dom, and we went out for drink till later every night. He lives very central here and close to where it all happens (although it happens everywhere over here).

Besides partying and shopping I visited quite some tourist places, a beach, several markets and some offshore islands, Hong Kong also has a great environment. The funny thing is if you stand on a prestine beach you still see huge container ships passing by.

Today I am off for the next destination: Beijing. I go by train which takes about 25 hours, so China is quite a big country. I am curious what I will see on my way north!

3 comments:

Lucienne said...

test

Anonymous said...

test

Lucienne said...

He Bollemans,

Oost maleisie klinkt erg goed. ga je Shanghai nog bezoeken ? Veel succes op je treinreis. We kijken uit naar je verhalen onderweg.

Groet,
Nik (of Lambik)