Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia's capital is way different than any other place I have seen so far. There are two distinctive features: Asian and a Muslim country. You can see you are in Asia not just because of the way people look like but also the way business is done: on the street you can buy all sorts of things: food DVDs etc etc. Besides that KL has some very big shopping malls with lots of luxurious products and lots of junk!

You can see it is a Muslim country they way women are dressed and the fact you cannot really get pork meat and alcohol is relatively expensive. It is great to see a completely different culture.

The only thing with which I do have difficulties is the climate: temperature is OK but it is so humid, I keep on buying drink all the times but evaporation is much quicker than me refilling myself...

In KL I got a good impression of the city, saw the Petronas Towers (from the sky bridge 177M high, not even half way!) apparantly two weeks ago a Frenchmen a.k.a. Spiderman tried to climb the tower without any gear, he almost made it to the top but policemen were waiting for him, the second time he fell short of ultimate glory in KL.

I guess it is time for me to dive into the city life again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mate,

Sounds like you're having a great trip. You'll have to email me and tell me a bit more about Malaysia, and perhaps post some pics on your site! Hope its all going well. See you Oct 20.

Greg