Friday, May 05, 2006

Great Ocean Road - Apollo Bay

My English vocabulary is far from perfect but I am quite sure that there are no words to describe the Great Ocean Road Angelsea - Apollo Bay.

The weather this morning didn't look that promising rain, rain and rain, but gradually it became better and once we hit the best part of the road it stopped raining and the clouds offered a great contrast with the other part of the scenery. Scenery which consisted, but was not limited to: waterfall, cliffs, bays, mountains running into the sea, lighthouses, rainforest etc...

At the moment we stay at Apollo Bay is a brand new (6 months old) YHA hostel. Pretty neat! Yesterday I met the AIESEC grads from Melbourne that I got to know the last time I was here, Fiona decided to call in sick today and join me for the trip. With a near brand new Toyota Corolla, I reached the 10,000 KM mark, we are driving around until Sunday. We tries to reach the cape Ottway lighthouse for Sunset but the lighthouse itself was closed. On the way back we missed out appointment with our Koala friends because it was getting to dark. Better luck tomorrow. First we will start with a tree-top walk, a bridge crosses though the tree tops (hence the name) at 49 metres high and still some tree reach higher, should be fun!

Yesterday I attended the conference which proved to be really interesting. Different stakeholders of the northern suburbs of Melbourne where present (the topic was unemployment among Muslim people). I even could make some suggestions from expierence back home which they apparantly liked since they will use it. All stakeholders will meet again next month and try to tackle the specific issues. I am curious what the outcome will be.

As for now I'll head to a pub get some food and drinks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gelukkig hebben we de fotos nog?????