Wednesday, May 31, 2006

50

This is the 50th time I use this medium to update an audience not solely based in the Netherlands anymore but all over the planet earth. That doesn't bring me in an extra jubilant mood, but it gives some time to reflect of all the things that happened over the course of the past eight months. I can barely remember departuring from Schiphol (Amsterdam) Airport. I have been to many places, met many new people and daily function in the role of employee of the public sector of Australia. An unforgettable experience which hopefully will last a little longer!

What happened the last week down under? I am having lots of fun with my new car, an MP3 player has been built in and I am fully mobile in the Nations Capital and far beyond. This Friday we drive to Sydney and stay there for the weekend. One of our friends got an apartment in Pitt St, downtown Sydney for this month, that will be great, Sydney is always great to visit.

Tomorrow evening I'll go to the Belgian Beer Bar together with a Dutch collegue from the Department, there is a "jongerenborrel" for the young Dutch people in Canberra. That will be the first time for me, I am curious what kind of Dutchmen live over here, probably a couple of students as well, maybe even from the University of Maastricht!

Sunday I will show a lot of patriotism since the Socceroos will play the Orange squad. I predicted at work with full confidence that we will win, what I believe we will. So on Monday I can collect a lunch and coffee from those poor bastards who really think that Hiddink's men stand a chance. And yes it will be a painful experience if the unthinkable happens.

So next updat probably will be early next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoop voor je dat de Australische fans iets relaxter zijn dan de Kroatische bij het aan het aanschouwen van het shirt in onze nationale kleur (oranje voor de duidelijkheid). Anders lig je snel met twee blauwe ogen in de goot. "You from Holland? You are fokking Jew!!"

Anonymous said...

Wanneer kom je eigenlijk weer richting holland???